How much powder do I need?
Use our handy calculator and advice to quickly see how much powder you will need for your colour run or coloured powder celebration.
As a guide:
- Primary school colour run: 200g per participant
- High school colour run: 200g-250g participant
- Universities and Colleges: 250g-300g per participant
- Children’s birthday parties: 200g-300g per participant (smaller children will need less powder)
- Adult events: 400g per participant
- Community events: 300g per particpant
POPULAR ADD-ON is a spectacular 'colour throw' at the end of your event - 50g per participant
Powder Quantity Calcualtor
Determine the number of bags of powder
Now you have the total amount (in kg's) of coloured powder you need. The next step is to convert this into 100gram and/or 5kg bags of each colour.
Do this yourself by:
- Dividing the total kilos by the number of colours
- Allocate 5kg bags first, then 100g bags for the remainder
Example #1 - 28kg of coloured powder in 5 colours:
- 5 x 5kg bag - one of each colour +
- 30 x 100g bags - six of each colour
Example # 2 - 56kg of coloured powder in 4 colours:
That's 14kg of each colour, therefore
- 8 x 5kg bag - two of each colour +
- 160 x 100g bags - forty of each colour
Example #3 - 16kg of colour powder in 7 colours
That's 2kg of each colour, therefore
- 160 x 100gram bags - twenty of each colour
order online or request a quote
Ready to order coloured powder? Do this easily via the online shop and pay securely with a credit card.
Discounts apply for bulk orders, check our prices.
Not 100% sure of final numbers for the event or it's a few months away? Perhaps you need to pay by Invoice? Request a quote to lock in prices for 3 months - even if your numbers change.